Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What would you do?

What would you do when one of your best friends asks, “I’ve known you 20 years. Where’s my quilt.” This was asked in a restaurant with a table full of people.
Should I tell him the truth. That I started collecting the fabric 5 years ago and that I was working on the design. That while I was working it out my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. That it has taken me 2 years from my husbands death to even touch fabric. That I was going to start sewing his quilt that day until his wife called and asked me to accompany them on a yard sale fest.
Instead I made a joke about it and then went home and started their quilt. Here is the center of the Rudolfo quilt.

This block is a 24” variation of Marcia Hohn’s 9” “Ellen’s Block”. The pattern for this block can be found at www.quilterscache.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow mom! That brought tears to my eyes. He will be very excited. I love the colors and the piece work. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...