Sunday, June 3, 2012

Free Applique: Fluttering Block IV

I'm behind as usual.  Sorry folks.  I just fell apart about sewing while I was sewing machineless.  No excuses just a lack of interest since I couldn't sew.  So I took up knitting beaded bags again and caught up on my gardening.  Just click the picture and it will take you to the free PDF file.

If there are any ideas what kind of applique/embroidery pattern you would like to start next let me know.  I'm apt to continue with my applique Halloween quilt that I started and never finished.  Here's a sneak peek:  http://peckspieces.blogspot.com/2011/08/design-wall-monday.html  I have since changed the color of the witches boot and it now shows up better.

These 9 quilt blocks measure 12" x 16".  and will make a great holiday quilt. If you love Halloween as much as I do this is the quilt project for you. I haven't worked out the entire setting but that's half the fun of doing a quilt.  I've already designed all the blocks and have 3 ready to applique.  That means there will be color photos to share of each block.

I can post two a month so we could all finish this cute quilt by the end of October.  So I guess that's the plan.  Then we can move on to my other applique quilt that I have had designed but never even started.  It is a great floral quilt that I hope you will all love.  Lol , I have more designs than time.  I will start posting "Spooky Times"  series starting this coming week.  Then if all goes well I will post every two weeks with another block.  Then will finish the setting and quilting in October.  Sound good?  

Halloween is here!!!!
Marjory

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the 4th butterfly block as these are adorable and I wanted the 4th for a small wallhanging. :) I love the 2 blocks already for the Halloween quilt and can't wait until you start that series. Glad you were able to catch up on some personal stuff. We all need to recharge once in awhile otherwise we would become bored with our hobbies. Thanks again!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pattern! I just found you from Fabric Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pattern, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marjory, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...