Friday, December 21, 2012

Final blocks for Snowmen in the Pines

Block 3 Bottom Left
As I sit here and write this post I am listening to some of my favorite Christmas songs from Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Burl Ives, Frankie Lane, Gene Autry, Clay Aiken, Johnny Mathis and some unknowns.  We listened to everyone of these except Clay and Johnny, of course, every Christmas.  Today I am starting my Christmas baking and felt this would be the thing to listen to as I bake.  Can't wait to hear from favorites like "I saw Mommy kissing Santa" .

This will probably be my last post before Christmas so I want to wish everyone a great Holiday and/or Merry Christmas.  I'll probably be back before New Years hopefully with finish tops for both these small wall hangings.  So today I will be sharing both the 3rd and 4th block for Snowmen in the Pines. Please note that the red strip needs to be added to complete the applique on both blocks.  Sorry, no corncob pipes.  I just don't have the time to meet that challenge.  I need to finish up these wall hangings and get ready for the floral quilt I want to share with everyone.  Then don't forget that in the summer I will be sharing a new cat quilt featuring fun stuff for Christmas.  Then who knows where my imagination will take me.  If you want to share ideas please feel free. I've thought of doing a series of monthly wall quilts that are all the same size so that I could replace it every month in the same spot on my wall. They would feature things from that particular   month. Whatever comes after these 2 quilts I will try and keep it as simple as possible.  
Block 4 Bottom Right
Merry Christmas!!!!
Marjory

20 comments:

  1. Awesome work Marjory. Thanks for taking time out of this hectic holiday for us. These are wonderful gifts I hope that you and your family also see your way to a safe and happy holiday and all the best for the New year, you make a quilter look forward to it with your talented ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marjorie
    The Santa and Snowmen quilts are really cute.
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for these cute quilts. They will be next year's projects for sure. You are so generous. Wishing you a happy, healthy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blocks are wonderful and so fun. I think my kids would love something like this, they always say mine are too old fashioned, lol. I love cats, can't wait to see what you make with them. I hope you and your family have a Blessed Christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, you are so generous and brighten the lives of so many of us with your delightful patterns. May you and your family have a Blessed Holiday and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vielen ; vielen Dank, für die tollen Muster !!!
    Frohe Weihnachten, und ein gesundes Neues Jahr
    wünscht die Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the wonderful patterns. I plan on having both of them completed by next Christmas! Merry Christmas. Nancy in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you for the awesome patterns.
    Merry Christmas to you too and Happy and great 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marjpry,

    Your snowmen have just the right touch of whimsy. Now to get my pieces prepped and get started on both designs.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK you for the free patterns now If you could find me more time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you, thank you. thank you!!!!! my firend and I get together every summer. she lives in vegas and I live in AZ! for the coming summer we decided on everything snowmen! so glad you did the snowmen in the pines. thank you!! if you could add to your blog "get updated through emails" that would be so wonderful. I love your blog! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These snowmen and the santa ones are so cute. Thank you for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, where to start -- ditto what everyone else has said. You are talented, gifted, generous and have a very wonderful sense of whimsey that shows in your designs. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you won't mind if I share info about your blog on my blog. I'm curious how you choose to actually do your applique. Do you do it by hand needle turned or the like (that would mean I would NEVER finish them) or by machine say raw edge applique or by machine applique or machine or hand buttonhole stitch? I didn't realize all the options. I am mostly a piecer but I dabble in applique although I am terrible about getting to the finish line! I hope you have a wonderful new year and enjoy stitching and designing all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're both on my agenda for next Christmas.

    Thank you so much for posting, it was really kind of you,

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LoVe your blog... I'm your NEW follower... and I'll be back to use some of your tutorials for sure. Thanks so much for sharing them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the snowmen! I'm catching up after having no internet for a couple of weeks and playing hostess at our annual Stitchin' Camp last week. Now to gather everything together and get these snowmen "built". You mentioned doing a monthly project that could be swapped out. You might want to consider making them fit the 12"w x 14"h table stand by Ackfeld. These have become very popular with my ladies, and if you order #87747 ($25) you can change the toppers to match the season/theme. Just a thought :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both sets of patterns are wonderful and hopefully will get done before the holidays come around again. Have I missed the location of the final directions to put the Snowmen group together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same setting as for the Santa Blocks. M

      Delete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...